Sunday, July 27, 2008

6 Months Already...sniff sniff

I think I may just try to get into some trouble today
All three of us
She loves her brother
cheese mommy!
at the doodlebops concert


Well, tomorrow we hit it...6 months, 6 freakin months since my baby made her grand enterance. I stare at her in total amazement as she sits on the floor laughing at her brothers making crazy faces, noises, and gestures toward her and she laughs and kicks and squeels at them, just her way of showing her love.





We have started foods as of yesterday. Everyone has their own opinion of what stage and what to give her and how much, mix with what, heat it, not to heat it... I'm so greek I have no idea what to give her when. So last night I gave her peaches...what a hit...she loved them, along with cereal after and then a drink of formula to wash it down. She didn't want her bottle right away, probably cause she wasn't hungry after all that yummy food, but it didn't seem to bother her. This morning it was just her, Tyler and I up and I decided that this morning we would try bananas...she loved them even more. So as I am feeding her I have decided to give her fruit in the morning and cereal and veggies at night. Maybe Veggies at dinner time and then her cereal and a bottle before she goes to bed. Any suggestions?...Sarah, Tracey, Kristi????? Come on mothers...help me out here!





Here are a couple pictures from recently...she's such a ham when it comes to the camera.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you know i was a mean mommy and made her eat peas as her first food LOL, well first besides plain yucky cereal. I wonder now if that's why i have a hard time getting her to eat fruit. She definately likes veggies more than fruit some days. I say just keep doing what you are doing, but remember to introduce slowly so if she does have a reaction of some type to one particular food you know which one. I can't remember which but there was 1 fruit that gave Faith a red rash on her face and a day later her hiney, apricots maybe? If you give her something new every day you might not know which new food it was. Other than that i have no advice. Call me sometime when you have time, i never know when to catch you.

Kristi said...

Love the pics...she is getting SO big!!! As for the food thing...I agree with Sarah...take the food intro slowly just in case Kara has any reaction...my doc suggested 3 days in between each new item that way you will know if there is a problem, which food may most likely be the culprit! I used to mix the fruit in with the cereal...give it some flavor. Other than that sounds like you are right on...finding what Kara likes best!!!

Anonymous said...

O.M.G. I am still at awe at how gorgeous she is...where are Grammies pictures? Count your blessings everyday, because she is certainly an angel.......
As far as my input on baby food, it was 23yrs. ago and the memory? well...Start slow and be patient...after feeding her yesterday, I'd say she is doing just "fine".......Love you.....:)

Anonymous said...

P.S. F.Y.I. Postage stamps are currently 42cents.....I know....we just purchased a "few", remember?
LOVE YOU :)