Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions 2009

Oh, as many people say..."same resolution shit...different year" Yup, that's me...for the 5th year in a row, same resolution. I think my resolution last year might have been split between weight and giving birth to what I thought was a HUGE baby last year at this time, but obviously my plan backfired...not only didn't I lose weight, but the baby waited 27 more days to come out!!

This year, I've honestly, truly, compasionately (sp) taken a whole new step on not only "weigh loss" per say, but "healthier styles" I have finally hit rock bottom and been in a "funk" for about a week or two. It officially hit this past weekend. I weighed myself at my mothers and as much as I really don't need the "blogger world" to know because I'm unbelievably embarassed, I weigh more now than I ever have and I weigh more than I ever did while I was pregnant with Kara.

My thyroid (lack of one) may have something to do with it, but I'm sick and tired of using that as an excuse every damn time. Yes, I am on the highest dose I have EVER been and the doctors did tell me that after Kara my dose would lower, but it has only gone up...I've researched and researched, but it may come down to another opinion...possibly closer to home...but first...here's the new 09 plan.
  • we WILL be utilizing our YMCA membership...even the daycare ladies said...we didn't think you would come back when we went tonight. I have started Water Aerobics Mon, Tues and Thurs nights and the kids do swim lessons on Wednesday nights!!
  • I will be cooking more, eating out less...yes Mom, you think this is impossible, but convienence is the story of our life.
  • I will be cooking with more whole grains, which means switching the kids to wheat bread, which yes, makes Brandon not too happy, but the 2 little ones, don't have a clue. Tim...whole other story...if he's hungry enough...he'll eat right?
  • attending church as a family! Which again, may prove impossible after this weekend. Many of you are probably thinking...Tyler...nope my Tyler with a vagina...KARA....Holy Monster.
  • and last but certainly not least...ME...Tim and I have agreed to give me one night alone, even if it is going to aerobics without taking all 3 kids to drop off...I get to go alone. He will make his class nights his alone nights, which gives me my nights!

There are many more, but it's more of a let's do this as a family year. I am so glad to have all 3 kids healthy and getting them involved in the community. This year, I want to be more active as a family. But until May, it will be hard, but we will be doing it as best as we can for now!

On another note, until I sign off for tonight, I just have to tell you that the first night of Water Aerobics went great....but I am extremely sore and irratible because I'm exhausted...when I told Tim I was going back tomorrow, he giggled and said...I love you hunny! Just remember I will help you and encourage you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

convenience is easy....organization is a must...determination is what it is all about....support will be there for you always honey...I am proud of you.
xxxoooo