Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I LOVE MY LIFE




Life has changed in so many ways. I find myself viewing things differently than I did before Kara was here. For one, I never...NEVER take things for granted anymore (thanks Kristi for opening my eyes to that on your blog). It's almost just too hard to imagine how I view things in a different kind of way. My main focus now is my child...it's so weird to say that...my child...my daughter.




Speaking of MY DAUGHTER (well Tim had some to do in her) she is growing like a weed. Technically she will be 1 month old on the 28th, but yesterday I gave birth 4 weeks ago, so when people ask how old she is I just say 4 weeks. I haven't posted in a week...ok 8 days, so I thought I would quickly update, before getting back to my cleaning...yes...cleaning...I've gotten motivation and energy back to go crazy in my house...it just feels so cluttery in here with all her stuff! ANYWAY....our WIC appointment was last week and my little Tubby Tubby weights 8lbs 9oz already, we have outgrown our Newborn clothing and are well on our way to 0-3month clothing. Although depending on the brand she does fit into some 3-6month clothing already. I could really go on and on and on on how much I love being a mother, everyday is a new day and new first. I find myself taking pictures everyday. My parents are in Florida for the week and they get 3-4 text message pictures a day (which I don't think my mother realizes that they cost money yet...sorry mom...it's for Kara though). She grows everyday and makes me smile all day long.




She has been getting alot better...along with me...She still gags ALOT, but I have myself believing its because that's all I do...I gag at the littliest things. I don't panic anymore when she starts gagging, I usually just let her do her thing and come out of it. If it's a really hard gag, I may pick her up and pat her on the back, but I usually just glance at her. YEAH for me!!! We monitor her just at night and she is now in her own bedroom at night sleeping, I just don't think she liked her bassenette very much, she never slept. I think it's because of Daddy's snoring, but we will never know! We have started...yes...started (4 weeks later) trying to get into a routine...pattern...etc. We have our nighttime routine almost down...2oz at 730-800 then bathtime, rubby rubby time, try to keep her awake for about 30-45 minutes then 3-4 more oz and she's out around 10ish and sleeps until 430-500a.m. She gets a bottle then and goes back to sleep until about 9-10 when shes up for about 2 hours after her bottle. So I'm kind of liking that a little bit, although I told Tim this morning that I need to get out of the habit of putting her to bed late at night and sleeping late in the morning because it will be really hard for me when I go back to work.




We go back to court tomorrow for more crap...maybe tomorrow will be the judges ruling, but somehow I think it won't be! And then on Thursday is our 1 month check up, so if I remember and things aren't going hectic I will post more then.




P.S. If you people have time could you please pray for our "couple best friends" Joe and MaryBeth lost Joe's dad this morning of Heart Failure, he's been in the hospital for about a month, he was a great guy. He prayed for Kara when she was in the hospital with the minister that came to see him everyday. He will hold a special place in our hearts. Please remember him.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Gabe, I can hear what a great Mommy you are. Everytime you tell a story I can relive it thinking of Nora tales. Thank you for that! I look forward to more pics of your Kara as well as the other little munchkins that think of you as mom! Thanks again for sharing your memories and taking me down my own memory lane! I look forward to more updates and don't forget to kiss that baby girl for me.

Unknown said...

Awww she's so cute! Growing like a little weed for sure!