Wednesday, March 5, 2008

She's AMAZING...PERFECT...and everything in between






















Again, I will say, every single day Miss Kara amazes me. Its like everytime I look at her she looks different or does something different to make me smile. She makes the funniest faces when she's awake, she laughs in her sleep and frowns and whines as well. Everything makes me smile, knowing I was a part in making this precious little girl. We have a little bit of a spoiled little girl, but I'm thinking thats alright. Just like mommy, she will get everything she asks for...and more...if I have anything to say about it.

She has developed in a short 5 weeks her own little personality. I was explaining it to Tim today when she started crying....I said "it's her sad cry, she wants to be held" and viola...she stops! She gave us "the lip" today and I cried...it was so darn cute!
Well, we are still on the search for the right formula. We've been on Enfamil Lipil AR (Added rice) for about 2 weeks now, but recently we found that she has been gaging more thinking that her reflux is getting worse. The only good thing about this is that it's thicker and she sleeps longer at night. So yesterday we went to the doctor to see if it was getting worse and see what our next avenue is. He decided to switch her to Enfamil ProSobee (soy based)...let me tell you, we tried that last night, and Tim was in class so he didn't get the pleasure of trying to get her to eat the nasty crap, that stuff was so thin, and to start with I had a level 2 nipple (for the thicker stuff) and I realized it when I heard her drinking to fast, so I switched....she started to suck and started to scream...ok...back to the level 2...she liked it, so 4 oz later she was drinking so fast and making faces and the stuff all came back out. She burped, I gagged because it stunk BAD! At bedtime Daddy fed her and noticed how it was all coming out and said...she can't be getting enough so when she fell asleep and we dozed off around midnight, the monitors started!!! She slept for a while, around 4 the monitors started again. Now mind you the monitors haven't been going off (other than for the wires not hooked up good) for 2 weeks. So at the 5a.m. feeding, Daddy said enough was enough and he was going back to the AR...needless to say she was still sleeping at 10a.m.! When Marras Home Care called about the monitor because the doctor in Syracuse said to discontinue it (because their is nothing wrong apnea wise...yippee, he just belives its reflux...the times she stopped breathing her heartrate stayed the same so its not true apnea like we all thought) I talked to the respiratory therapist Chris and he explained that the reflux might be getting worse that when she starsts to spit up it hurts so bad acid wise that she stops breathing for a bit, sometimes worse than others. It all makes sense, but for my sanity we have the monitor for another month!!!!
Other than she's growing like a weed weighing in at 9lbs on Tuesday, I am getting more testy to everyone about holding her because I go back to work on the 17th!... :-(
We got some professional pictures done...of Kara...we went there with no intentions of getting her pictures done, but because the boys weren't very cooperative along with my glare of my glasses, kara was the star that day! Check out the pics!

love to all
xxoo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these pictures. She has changed so much but still as cute as ever. I can't decide which one to put as my screensaver I am thinking either the last one or the one with the boa around her looking like the princess she is. Let me know if you are coming to Croghan this weekend so Kara can see her aunt reah!! love ya guys and give Kara kisses.

Kristi said...

She is too stinkin' cute! All the pictures turned out great. I love the one of the boys and Kara!!! And don't feel bad...I didn't want to share either right before I went back to work (and you shouldn't have too). :-)