Tuesday, March 25, 2008

God Answers Prayers

Kara's first week with Daddy went awesome. They bonded all day, made up songs about me and helped out Mommy with the laundry. We met for lunch everyday and I got to kiss her up, I even got to feed her one day!

Tim's dad left to go back to Florida on Saturday, and the weekend just flew by. It started Friday night and never stopped until Sunday night. We had dinner with his dad and brother and SIL on Friday night at Art's Jug and let me just tell you that I thought someone had kidnapped our kids and gave us saints! I sat at the opposite end of the table with Tim's SIL. the kids...Makayla included sat down near Tim. I was nervous all week about this restaurant, for those who don't know is one of Watertown's better restaurants...not really kid friendly! Tim worked all Friday night and early Saturday morning we all met at Denny's with Tim's Aunt's and Uncle's for Breakfast and then we headed for Syraucse airport, from there we went up to my Mom and Dad's to have my Auntie Teresa meet Kara Bear for the first. We ate our Easter Dinner with my Mom and Dad and Step-brother and sister. Then we just crashed. Got up early for Sunday Easter Mass and then went to my Grandma's where I received the wonderful phone call from my boss (my job along with another one was terminated, I don't need to come to work on Monday) I was beside myself. But in a way a little happy, it gives me a chance to stay home with Kara. Tim was offered an AWESOME Job and hopefully in a couple weeks we will know the final answer (which we were already told he was hired) So the last 2 days were wonderful with Kara. I've gotten up early and got stuff done around the house, etc.

So, I am starting the job search again, but possibly just part time. I know I need benefits (Kara is covered until she is 1) but if it means staying with my little girl than I will. I am still employed at Guilfoyle and can pretty much set my own hours and work when I want (not to mention make 2x what I made at the bank) So 2 12 hour shifts a week will be my 40 hour week at the bank, just no benefits.

Other than that things are coming along well, most all of Kara's Easter pictures are on my Mom's camera so when I can get them I will post them! Easter just wasn't the same at 6 degrees!

love to all

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thrilled for you, honestly it's so great, things happen for a reason i know you already know that. Dad had his surgery today and Faith has roseolla so it's a little hectic here but we'll get together soon. I miss you!!!!

Kristi said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter! And what fun to get to spend some extra time with Miss Kara. She is going to love you being home more. Of course we do need more pictures of the princess so don't forget!