Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This Year...

Thanksgiving is a new meaning in so many ways. This year, not really unlike years previous, I have my daughter and husband to celebrate with. I am looking so forward to getting up in the morning with my husband and children (Brandon and Kara) and going to church to give thanks for everything we have. You know, I may not have millions, or make lots of money and love my job and life may not be perfectly perfect, but somedays I reflect on what I do have...really...I do have alot...alot more than many people around this world.

To start with I have FAMILY--my family is and always will be number ONE! I would give anything to have them with me my whole life. I have my husband whom which I can call my husband officially this Thanksgiving, my 2 step-sons whom step means nothing to me, they are and always will be my sons. My sweet precious daughter, whom God gave me after a lot of prayer and high hopes. I want so much for her and I will try my hardest to know that she will achieve all she wants in life.

I have FRIENDS--lately without family a mile away, I/We have the BESTEST friends anyone could ask for. Tim and I have found friends that we want in our lives, we want to do things as familes and we want our children, whom are close in age to grow up being best friends. I am so thankful that they are always a phone call away.

I have HEALTH--it may not be the greatest and I may not be a supermodel but I have decent health, nothing drastic (that medicine can't fix) is wrong and all my children are healthy.

and lastly, and second most importantly...I have FAITH IN GOD...recently that faith was tested in so many ways, and I learned and shared with my best friend that he really does listen and prayer really does work. That I should have known when I was able to concieve Kara but I doubted, which I know should have never happened, but I know that someone up there is watching out for me and my family and whomever, is a prayer away!

I really could go on and on but tonight, as the boys are gone getting our favorite ice cream and we get ready to settle down and watch a movie as a family, I will reflect on the past year and all I have to be thankful for and all that I will gain in the year to come.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE--GOD BLESS YOU ALL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hence was the dinner blessing..."if you have the love of family and friends, you are rich indeed"...must have been having the same thoughts....love you honey