Thursday, March 19, 2009

...what would I do...

The last 2 days have been nothing but bringing my head out of my ass. I can say right now that I have one load of laundry in the dryer and one load in the washer...and they are my last. All of the other laundry is put away and my house is picked up. Yes, it may be 8:23 at night and I have yet to eat dinner (its in the microwave, has been heated up twice) I have to credit most of this on one thing...

My best friend...Marybeth came over Wednesday night after her class and sat down with me and made a list. She of all people know and get to listen to how overwhelmed I am and with her working on her Masters in Psychology she decided to come after the kids went to bed and help me with a list. This list, just on a piece of plain computer paper, is the best thing. We sorted out room by room what needs to be done and the frequency, then we highlighted, different colors, who does this...Tim, Me, Brandon, and Shared chore. I felt better after she left and was excited to start. For example, each night after the kids are in bed and before I go to bed take all the laundry and put it in the washer and wash it...the next morning when I am ready to walk out the door, start the dryer (yes I had quite the anxiety about letting my dryer run while I'm gone, but I'm still working on getting over it) when I get home from work take it out, fold it and go put it away to get ready for the next nights. So far, day one went wonderful. Although we were behind again (you wouldn't believe the amount of laundry a family of 5 goes through...I was doing it once a week...overwhelming) Tonight she came over to watch the kids while Tim and I ran some errands (DMV, Stores, etc) While I was gone, she prepared dinner, fed the kids, did my laundry and did my dishes...she didn't stop, she helped me put it all away and pick up my house...then she left. I feel so much better, maybe because she helped me, but because I vowed never to get like this again. Tomorrow we are working on a chore chart for Brandon, because he is old enough now to have responsibility, he wants things, he needs to show us that he can be responsible for things.

Thought I would share that I am almost out of my funk...its been 2 weeks...and tomorrow hopefully is the last...things are starting to look up...thank you so much for the help...

Mom, your annoymous comments always make me cry...thanks for always being that rock that is just a phone call away!!!...you deserve this vacation more than anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my comments come from an overwhelming love I have for you and yours...it will ALWAYS be there...