Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Well today has come and gone, and all the anticipation came down to just a few words..."you want to know what it is right?" and as soon as she said "It's a girl" instantaneously my heart dropped and tears started flowing, I look at Tim, and his eyes were just glowing, my mother and grandmother who were also there just couldn't stop smiling. I thought for sure that all this time it really was going to be a boy, until this morning, Tim got up to get the kids up for school and he said, "I had a dream last night that it was a girl" I smiled and rolled over and said to my self "it's a girl" I got up and took the half hour to do my hair and start drinking the lovely H2O and we headed out the door, I was so nervous.
The Ultrasound tech said that I will have to come in for more testing because she wouldn't stop moving around for her to get a clear picture of the heart chambers but it was nothing for me to be worried about. The baby is measuring big already, the ultrasound tech said that I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule so maybe we will have an early baby. The first thing I noticed was her BIG head, she will definitley have her fathers head.
Afterward, Mom, Grandma, Tim and I all went to Panara for breakfast and we talked about names and then discussed these wedding plans. Tim and I have also started to plan our wedding in the midst of all of this chaos! After that we went to Target because I have been eyeing this carseat since before I even met Tim, I said to my best friend Molly, if I have a baby and it's a girl, I am getting this carseat! Well with a pricetag of $269.99 and me looking at it for oh...15 minutes or so, I decided that it was probably stupid for me to spend that much on a carseat. We spent almost an hour in the baby isle in Target, Tim was hilarious. "Hun, look at this, Hun come here look at this, isn't this cool, oh my god I want this, hun, hun, hun". He was soo cute and soo happy. We've decided on a jungle theme, there is an 8 peice pattern in Target I think we are going with. I have to go register there in the next couple of weeks for my baby shower, so I think I will be going with that. My mother could not keep her hands off the baby clothing, she was grabbing things left and right. I of course bought a blanket that says "My little princess" I am of course the big princess and baby girl will be the little princess.
On another note, my maternity clothes got here today. No more rubberbanding my pants together (with the exception of my work pants) My mom saw my pants today and said, if you don't go get bigger clothes soon, I will buy you them and make you wear the uglist things ever! She bought me a shirt today in Target...she's the greatest!
Makayla and Brandon were absolutley esctatic when I told them. I had to go into work today so Brandon gets off the bus firsts and calls me and says, "so is it a boy?" and I said "try again" he's like "I get another sister....yeah....i can't wait, when is she coming, what is her name?" Tim got to talk to Makayla and I thought she would be a little jealous, but she was great with the idea and is excited that we will be having a shopping partner!
Our names have taken a turn. We or I should say, I with the influence of other people have decided that MaKenna and Makayla sound too much alike so Tim and I are debating other ones, what I like, he doesn't and what he likes, I don't so, I'm sure her name will pop up sooner or later! We weren't going to tell anyone the names for this now fear that I have that when people give their 2 cents it makes me think I should change it, Tim keeps telling me not to care what others think, but I want everything to be perfect, you know it's my first and all. It's actually gone way out of league and people are getting hurt by the whole situation, it seems that one just cannot be happy for another...oh well i'm happy and that's all that matters!
Well, I have a million phone calls to make and I'll blog again soon...she's really starting to move around alot so I will keep you updated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gaber. I absolutely love shopping for girls. Sometimes when I go into Wal Mart with Owen I ask him if I can get him a little jean skirt or something because their clothes are so damn cute. Who knows maybe for Halloween he will go as my niece. Tell Tim Tom I said congrats as well and hopefully see you guys soon. love ya~"aunt" jaime