Thursday, October 11, 2007

Busy Busy Lives

Life has taken on a crazy busy schedule. No more sleeping in! We set the alarm everynight and get up every morning to the sound of Mr. Froggy on the radio, to walk across the hallway upstairs to get up an eager 8 year old for school. We drag around the house and then walk 5 blocks to school...it's fun, he's doing great and we absolutely love him here. Our work schedules have changed but we work at the greatest place which is very accomodating.

Brandon's first week living here is almost through, and we have had no problems so far, one minor but nothing major. He went to visit him mother on Tuesday night beofre he started school on Wednesday, and he was there all for about an hour. She called Tim and said she couldn't handle him he was fighting with his sister and she wasn't dealing with it to come get him. Her newest bright idea is to split them up for a month. Have Makayla and Tyler come here and send Brandon to his mothers. But that way they will never see each other. Even though Makayla and him argue, they still need to see each other. I leave Tim in charge of that BS, but am always around to give my 2 cents when needed. I believe it's only a matter of time before we have Tyler as well.

Little Miss Kara is already the apple of my eye. She never seizes to amaze me. If I'm having a "rough" day or just find myself thinking too much, her body starts to move around and it's like she is telling me to stop worry so much about stuff that will work itself out, worry about her and how she needs to be healthy. Monday we had a WIC appt and never in my life NEVER have I ever been told to gain weight, but I was told it that day...I literally cried. I got home and called my mom and cried. I told her that I was not NOT trying to gain weight. The WIC Nurse told me that I have only gained 2lbs according to their scales and their charts and its really not good enough. So I was handed the damn food pyramid that I have seen 12 million times and for the 12 millionth time it went in the garbage along with my frantic cleaning of the desk...oops. I know the food pyramid, I've known it since 7th grade health class for crying out loud. So I have just been trying to eat 5-6 small meals a day.

My search for a full-time job has hopefully come to an end. I had a phone interview today with a bank that is a mile and a half down the street. I think I nailed the interview so hopefully by next week I will hear more about that, keep your fingers and toes crossed for me. I know its not exactly what I went to school for, but it has always interested me. Of course my 2 lovely cousins also work at banks so why not join the crowd right? (love you auntie jaime).

Well I would love to blog more but A. I don't want to bore you with mindless blabbing on and B. I just looked at my clock and I have to be to work in less than 45 minutes for an overnight shift on Fort Drum (I have been luckly enough to sly my way out of them through more of my pregnancy, they caught on!) so off to work I go but not before doing some running around the house because Daddy is in charge tonight and tomorrow for school duty (I have to literally leave notes around the house!!!, gotta love them)

xxoo to everyone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey love I really enjoy reading this. I try to check it every day when I am not so busy at work. Ha ha yeah right. I can't wait for February to meet my beatiful Kara. Oh and by the way just love the name. Now what bank are you working at? I wish I would have known you were looking cause I think we are hiring and all the pull I have around here would have been good for ya. But I should get back to my busy busy job. Love you lots!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to tell you that last comment was from Auntie Jaime. Haha what a blonde.