Saturday, October 6, 2007

Yup...I'm one of those

Well, paranoia got the best of me last night. The nazi cleaning lady days are over for at least the weekend. We were sitting eating dinner last night and I got this god awful pain down below that would come and go...the kind of pain where you would just saw "ouch" out loud, well that was me. The pain got so intense that I didnt' know what to do. Tim called the answering service and was told that my doctor would call me back...we waiting a very long 25 minutes and called the maternity ward at Samaritan, she told me to come in right away and see the docotor on call. So up we headed. Tim was working so thankfully all the great people we work with, pooled together and covered for Tim the rest of the night.

It hurt to even walk...it seemed like it took forever to walk upstairs to Labor and Delivery, of course my emotions didn't help at all. I wasn't as nervous until Tim started to cry when he got off the phone with the nurse then I lost it big time. There is just something about watching a man cry...especially mine, when he is more medically trained than I am and I figured he knew what was going on. The nurses were very nice, they got me in my room, had me pee in the cup, and got me in bed...wired me up for sound and asked 401 questions. The nurse that took care of me tried her hardest for like 10 minutes to get little Kara's heartbeat and everytime she would find it, she would go to strap the strap down and she would kick and move. So we know she is a stubborn little girl. She was moving soo much that nurses would peek their head in a laugh because they heard the machine in the hallway.

The midwife came in and from that point on this wonderful lady reassured me that everything was alright, I just have to stop doing so much for right now. I pulled a bunch of ligaments in my stomach and they need a couple days to heal. She put me on semi-bedrest for the weekend with the understanding that if I have any more pain like that to come back in. There was no bleeding or discharge (I know gross) but if there was to come back up immediately. She checked me and said that everything is closed and "feels" great so I have nothing to worry about. Her exact words were "that stubborn little princesss isn't coming out until she's ready which hopefully isn't for at least 16 more weeks"

I apoligized so many times for being one of those paranoid mothers who comes in for every ass ache, but I told them that if I didn't come in and something would have happened I would have never forgiven myself, they were fine and we were out of there by 9...so needless to say here I sit on a Saturday with soo many things I want to do going through my head, I wanted to make a good dinner, I wanted to run a bunch of errands, I wanted to do another load of laundry, but Tim made me promise that I wouldn't do a damn thing all day, he said if he catches me doing anything...he's calling my mother.

No comments: