Saturday, January 19, 2008

...and the nesting begins...

So today was a fun day! I can say that I really didn't get "pissy" at all. We even have all 3 kids and Tyler is getting his molars and is grouchy, mouthy, and talks back like his big brother now (and you really can't help but laugh) and I still wasn't too bad. Of course Brandon acting like his father (knows it all, and has to listen to EVERYTHING you say, so Tim and I know have code words....hehe) didn't really even make me pissy...I'm so proud of myself.

We got up early (thanks to Tyler) and started our day good. Ty and I took a shower while Daddy got the other kids breakfast and they got dressed and we headed out to run errands. Daddy had to get books at the bookstore for college, which starts back next week and I'm totally bummed, but...what can I do...I support my hubby in whatever he wants to do. We went to the bank, and to Target. I've had a gift card to Target since my baby shower and haven't used it. It was for $10 so I was contemplating what I wanted...I just scanned the isles to see what I thought we may need and Daddy took the kids to the toy isle!!!! I ended up getting a head support for the carseat...a double one! That was perfect! We got our batteries also there (they were having a sale), and some odds and ends. The kids spent their gift cards and got stuff...then we went to Kohl's to get Makayla some snow pants so maybe at least once this winter we can ride the snowmobile...hey...maybe if I ride it Kara will decide to come out (just kidding MOM).

The weather decided to be nasty on the way home from Kohl's. Tim had to stop at work to make copies for school and it was crappy. I was actually scared and I was riding. I think I get scared because I'm not in control, if I was in control everything would be fine!!!!!!

Anyway...to the point of my whole blog! I ended up in Kara's room, checking out everything Daddy put batteries in and I have this amazing Rocking Chair that my mother bought me and I sat in it rocking and rocking and then I opened her dresser drawers and decided that I knew where nothing was. I just put things in drawers to get it out of sight. It was somewhat organized, but not to my standards. I had stuff on hangers that didn't belong in hangers and stuff with tags and wrapping still on them...etc. So I started taking everything out of the drawers...all 7 of them and organized from size, to onsies, to sleepers, to clothes. I took down a bunch of things that were hung up (sleepers, onsies, etc) and organized them. Tim just looked at me and shook his head. Makayla ended up helping me and I just kept saying "wow" I really am going to change her clothes like 7 times a day just because I want her to wear everything once! Call me crazy, but I appreciate things people get me and I don't want to "waste" it. I'm so appreciative that people got me things and I would feel horrible if she didn't wear them. I had a bad enough time taking things back to the store that I had double or triple of! But, an hour and a half later everything has its place and I know where things are, so really she can come at any time we are ready.

Daddy is cooking dinner and it's almost ready, I better go set the table! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

P.S. Kristi, Jorge, and baby Nora, I will be in Croghan hopefully tomorrow, weather permitting! Hope to see you then.

P.S.S. A message for everyone from big brother Tyler:

bjjjj jZ v n n df gr f n v fff 7ye3rw ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzznZN
jnm j rfwndndndnsmswj3y2uehh eo9dsuw2gew8hdsuq2h1qw8w3hdrfiodfoe43i 3udxu23bnde cxbnsnxjmsewjwejnd n

(that translates to...hurry up Kara I want you to come out! And all those zzz's are I LOVE YOU GRAMMIE SHELLY and GRAMPIE

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm bummed we didn't meet up. Maybe over the summer so I can hold Ms. Kara!

Anonymous said...

xxooo...back at you Tyler...hugs and kisses from Grammie and Grampie.....it seems soooo "niiice" to "hear" that you are in good spirits...keep that mood and things will be "fiiiiine"...Love you