Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's Going to be a long month





So, as you can see our trip to the hospital was rather uneventful and pretty much boring as all get out. Good news though, the baby looks great. She reacted well the first 20 minutes of being hooked up to the monitor (she usually plays with the nurses and moves as soon as they get her heartbeat on), she was moving around wonderfully, no contractions!!!! After 20 minutes of that, they immediately took us down for an ultrasound which she passed with flying colors, she actually wouldn't stop moving. Her head is still down really low on my cervix, her face is facing my butt (poor girl)...although the blood flow from the placenta to the cord is what they are worried about and is the reason why I'm having so many ultrasounds and monitoring. Last week it was dangerously low which is the reason I was admitted to the hospital and given alot of precautionary measures. This week it's on the high side, so I guess in Layman's terms they told me it means that after 36 weeks of being pregnant my placenta is "petering out" The doctor is back on my good side, he is using every precaution necessary and is guaranteeing my that this baby WILL be born in January!!!

My next course of action and why it will be a long January is that I now have to go in once a week to the hospital for the same stuff I had today, be hooked up and have what they call a BPP ultrasound (I think its Basic Pediatric Profile...my bad) and then also once a week go to his office for 20 minutes of monitoring as well.

I have seriously started resorting to praying lately. When I find myself wide awake at 2, 3, 4 in the morning I often resort to prayer! I'm scared in a way, and I find myself, for lack of better words, bitchy, I try to take a deep breath and ask the man in the sky to calm me down! So, any other extra-credit prayers would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayer works honey, you know that. Sounds like things are okay for now and i'm really glad the doctor is taking all precautions. Many hugs. You still owe me a phone call!!!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Exercise your utmost patience....the longer she's in there, the better it is for her in the long run. As I said before, sit back and enjoy it...its an amazing thing!
My prayers are ALWAYS with you! love you, O.H.G.