Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Little Miss...More like Big Miss....

It seems these days I look foward to my doctors appointments because that is the only thing on my schedule. Let me tell you, if I didn't give birth last night, I don't know what the heck was going on with my body. I ran out of my Tylenol PM so I didn't think it was a big deal, so I went to bed without it. I woke at 1 a.m. attempting to roll over and let out a scream followed by hysterically crying. Tim sits up in bed and asked me what was going on...all I could say was hurt, hurt, hurt, and I think I muttered out crotch somewhere in there too! He helped me roll over and get calmed down, but I still hurt and I wasn't comfortable AT ALL. He helped me with my breathing and got me back to sleep. Until 230 a.m. where I awoke again to an awful contraction. I breathed through this one on my own and didn't bother waking Tim until I went to roll over again, and he wakes with me. All I could do was cry. I layed awake having 2 more contractions until 3:34 when I attempted to roll again which landed me crying and screaming again. I just kept telling Tim, I hurt, I hurt, crotch. I felt like I wanted to push and she would pop out at any minute. And another contraction...he stayed so calm, he's really just great! Me on the other hand was a total freak-a-zoid, acting totally obnoxious as I think back. 4:43 rolled around waking me with another contraction and Tim woke with me and I ended up getting it to go away by getting up on my hands and knees and moaning! I really thought with this one lasting around 1 1/2 minutes that I was going to go to the hospital. I hurt so bad! I told Tim I was going downstairs to the recliner to sleep, but couldn't muster enough strength to get out of bed, I managed finally just to pee, but cried the whole way there. Again, Tim found something to rub ("Rubbie", is a common word I say when I need him to massage something. Tim has been massaging either my hands, feet or back since we've been together. I have now become so used to it, I usually don't go to sleep unless he is rubbing something...crazy I know), until I went to sleep. I woke at 6:45 with the alarm but again couldn't manage to get up to shut it off, so Tim walked around the bed to hit snooze. I found the only way to get comfy was to stack my pillows so I was pretty much sitting up, and fell back asleep for about 20 minutes.

I got out of bed at 745 and got in the shower to get going to the hospital for our weekly admission! We went first to the lab to have blood work drawn for my thyroid and then up to Labor and Delivery. Kara didn't want to sit still when the monitor was on her, she absolutely hates having anything on my stomach. Last night I was reading in bed and she literally kicked the book out of my hands. It startled me. Anywho...got the ultrasound Super Steve the tech said she was doing great, again she attempted to kick the shit out of Steve's hand to get away from her, but he kept going. He started measuring (now mind you I'm 36 weeks today) and the head was first...her head is measuring at 37 weeks 6 days...I looked at "Super Steve" and said...wow, do you think I will say ow? He said..hunny, I'm pretty sure! Her belly is measuring at 37 weeks also...everything is great with Kara other than Steve also told us that right now she weighs 6lbs 11oz. which can go one pound either way.

So on my way back up to my room, I looked at Tim with fear in my eyes saying "holy crap Tim if she now gains a pound a week, by the 29th, she will weigh close to 10lbs." So it looks like we will be talking to the Dr on Friday when we go back for another monitoring about the size of Little Big Miss Kara.

So other than that, things are going great, my "hoo-hoo" still hurts bad, but I can deal. I just keep thinking that in 3 weeks or less I'm going to be a Mommy...it's scarry and I start to cry everytime I think about it, but there is definitely no turning back now. The lactation lady "boob lady" is coming tonight for another home visit, so I will update everyone about my "boob juice" if you care to know, later on.

xxoo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you'd better ask Dr for the epidural NOW ... LOL ...

Anonymous said...

Ditto says Grammie...no one here has to be a hero...giving birth alone is heroism enough...its an amazing thing in itself when you stop and think of everything it entails. I will still be there with you.......Love you