Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I know I said...but....

Well, I know I promised positive blogs from here on out but I can't...not today...I just need to FREAK OUT! Went to our appointment in the office today at 1130 and just thought we were doing a vaginal exam, but no, have to be hooked up to the monitor, which is fine I guess, but nurotic me scheduled 4 appointments in the same day along with 7 different errands to run, and I was just worried about staying on my nurotic schedule!

Anyway, pee'd in the cup, like always, got on the scale, gained a pound, no big deal, now all of a sudden I have protein in my urine, ok...whatever...i'll drink more. She asked me how I was feeling and I said VERY PREGNANT, and she says, well I anticipate that at 36 weeks. I said "excuse me, I thought I was 37 weeks yesterday" "oh no, she says, we have you at 36 weeks and 3 days. So mind you, we have been debating this since the day I had my initial visit. I had my last period, if you want to call it that May 2nd, it wasn't normal and after checking into everything, I haven't had a normal period since January of last year. So whatever, I got into the recliner and handed Micki (the nurse) my birth plan that I spent like 2 hours on one day and she said, "cool, I'll give it to him" So, I'm hooked up and everything is fine. He comes in 20 minutes later and waves my birth plan in my face and was like "what's this bull?" I was actually taken back and couldn't really speak for a minute. He says "don't you know that these never work, I hope you didn't pay for this" He goes, unhook yourself and I'll meet you in the next room for your exam and we'll discuss this further. I looked at Tim and was almost in tears, and he said "relax hun, it's ok" I went in and got undressed not looking foward to the "swab" but hoped it would stimulate something...but really I just don't care anymore, she will come when she comes.

He then gets to the birth plan, and has that stupid shit-eating grin on his face and just shakes his head and says "well we do this anyway, so I don't know why you took time to write all this" I said because it is important to me. He got to epidural and pain control and said "with your history and low pain tolerance, I highly suggest you have one" I told him that I wanted initially to possibly go as long as I can to not have one, but after seeing the ultrasound and the size of her head, I think I want one when the time comes now, and he says "yeah, you better" while grinning.

I don't know, it seemed like that really ruined my day and I was upset. Not to mention that when I got to WIC I had to get weighed again and then asked when I was due and I started crying. I told him I didn't really know when I was due, it depended on who you ask and then getting weighed I weighed 10 pounds less than I did at the doctor. What gives?

Well now that it is 12 hours later and I've finally gotten a chance to finish this blog, there isn't much more to say. I'm in a little better of a mood today, but hey...we'll see what today brings, spending the day with a 2 year old could be fun and not so fun. I'm aiming for fun, but again, you never know!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe he poo-pooed your birth plan, when i wrote mine Niki went over it with me, agreed to everything and pointed out 1 or 2 things that might not work. Everyone followed it for the most part, only 1 time in the 3 days i was in labor did anyone ask if i wanted pain meds and Niki quickly told them that i would ask if i wanted them, i was very pleased that she knew and believed in what i wanted. Yes my delivery ended up being very far from my plan, but plans are just that "plans" not definates. I really wish you felt like you could change doctors, this guy really seems so arrogant. I truely believe that you can do this, yes it's painful (DUH) but you can do it and believing that is the first step, not having your doctor basically tell you that you're a big baby and you'll need pain control. What an asshole!

Anonymous said...

Having a baby is one of the greatest gifts God has ever given...you have sustained this little ife for the past 81/2mos...and I am proud of you but you do what's best for you...you have always had a strong mind-set....do not be afraid...when you see Kara's little face, it will be the greatest joy of your life (if you can see between the joyful tears streaming down your cheeks)...hang in there baby...it is ALL worth it in the end....I love you Grammie