Friday, May 30, 2008

Neurotic Mother

Kara had her shots yesterday along with her 4 month well baby check up. She's doing fantasitc weighing in at 12lbs 14oz, 23 in long and is just perfect. She got 3 shots yesterday and an oral vaccine for roto-virus. She did ok, of course we cried, and cried, and then she fell asleep, thanks to the tylenol.

Daddy has her today along with Grammie, who came down to help out Mommy in her flower gardens (they look pretty now) Well around lunch time I called home to check on Kara bear and Tim said she was fine, Mom was holding her playing with her etc. Well not even 5 minutes later he texted me...yeah texted and asked what the number for the pediatrician is, he can't get ahold of anyone up there, I asked why and he replied with her temp is 103.1. I picked up the phone and called him and he's like hun, don't freak out she's ok, I just want to talk to the nurse, well as I keep talking and I talked to my mom she reassured me that kara was fine and that I shouldn't worry...yeah ok....my ass was on the phone with the doctors office, it's amazing how I was able to get ahold of someone...ugh...men! The nurse said she wanted to see her ASAP, so I peeked into my bosses office and my face must have said it all because he said "go...let me know if you need anything" I called Tim and said have her ready I'm coming home to get her. We left her with only a diaper and flew to her doctors. Of course there she was very talkative to everyone and everything and was a happy baby, but still burning up. When we got to the doctors her temp was 101.6 so it had gone down which was good, Dr. Khrane said that she thinks its just a form of the Roto-virus because of the vaccine. Her stools are EVERYWHERE!!!!! and of course while we were there she decided it would be cool to pee on me! So here I sit smelling like pee with a desk full of work to do...xxoo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awww poor Kara boo, i'm sure she'll be okay. the first couple rounds of shots stink for the fever and tiredness, but it gets better. Faith never got the roto-virus vaccine, my pedi doesn't recommend it, of course as you remember bug ended up with roto-virus which was i think the longest week of my life. *uggies* to Kara

Unknown said...

oops those are *huggies* not uggies :-)

Anonymous said...

Desk full of work and you are "blgging" ?????????????
Heeeellllloooooo!!!!!!!!!

FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess who