Sunday, December 30, 2007

And I was feeling soooo good too

Saturday was as I expected. We slept in (which I don't want to get used to), Tim brought be breakfast in bed, well, while I got ready to go...and off to the hospital we went! They gave us a choice of what room because I think they knew I really didn't want to go back into the room where I was the other day (bad luck)...I got wired for sound and there I sat patiently waiting...

I get hooked up and the nurse looks at me funny, like I have 3 heads and says "hunny, do you get nervous when you come up here"? And I said...not really....apparently my heartrate was oh...130 beats per minute...I tried to calm down and relax, but it didn't seem to go below 100 the whole time I was there, just chilling out, watching TV. So, believe me I tried my hardest to get it to go down before the doctor came in, but sure enough, no luck.

Other than stubborn Miss Kara moving ALL OVER and not being able to sit still long enough to get her heart rate, the doctor said everything looks fine! Though, he still wants to see me twice a week until the end of my pregancy. The good news is, he's not letting me go past 39 weeks, which is the end of January, so Kara will be here in January sometime!!!!!!!!!, but he said whether that's in 4 weeks or 2, he's not sure, I'm measuring 37 weeks, so everything is up in the air. I asked him again, if everything looks alright, why did you take me off work and put me on "modified bedrest"...he just grins and told me that I need to calm down and relax and his exact words were "you are a high strung person, time to relax before she comes"....so....

Tuesday the 2nd I was supposed to have an appt in his office for my check-up and another NST/Fetal monitoring....but no...that's too damn easy...he wants us to come to the hospital at 10a.m. be hooked up to the monitor, and the only way that he is assured I will get an ultrasound on the 2nd is he wants to put me in the hospital and order a STAT ultrasound. Because apparently he thinks that I will not be able to get one done on the 2nd because it's right after the holiday and he wants it done that day. So God knows how long we will be in that damn hospital room again. It looks like I will be having ultrasounds once a weeks too!! Maybe one of these times I will get to have a 4D and be able to see what she looks like. I will update more after I know more...all I do know, is that I'M ALREADY EXTREMELY BORED...I want to do so much, but "daddy of the year" yells at me whenever I want to do something...he says he is only worried about me and his baby girl...sweet I know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad everything looks good so far. Tell "daddy of the year" that we are doing lunch sometime this week and he'll just have to let you outta jail, cause I said so! LOL
Call me when ya get a chance, going to Tracey's tonight for a party, probably won't stay long as we are taking Faith Bug with us.