Friday, December 28, 2007

Can't stay on my feet!

Now that things have seemed to calm down a for a bit and it's now Friday night at 9p.m., I can tell my story!

On Dec 26th, Tim and I were walking out the door each on our way to work. He kissed me at the top step, as my Jeep was parked at the bottom of the stairs, said our goodbyes and I love yous and I started down the steps...well started down one step and fell the rest of the 4 onto a concrete landing and if I hadn't have put my hands up I would have done a face plant into the driver side door of my Jeep. It is all pretty much a blur to me right, but Tim and his sister-in-law stood in total amazement. Tim almost instantly came over to me to help me relax and try to get up, of course I'm more worried about messing up my hair and what if I needed to change quick before I go to work, I yelled at him to leave me be I can get up on my own, but when I tried to get up, the tears started flowing and I realized I was stuck and was hurting all over. Once I managed to get up and contain myself I picked up my purse and was more worried about being late to work than the pain in my ass...literally. I was soo worried about Kara also, but I also realized that my butt has got a lot of padding and she should be alright. Tim wouldn't let me leave until he made sure I was ok, but also was kind of nervous (ok...really nervous...ok...in tears) He thought we should go to the hospital to get checked out and I was more just wanting to go to work. Once I got to work, I warned to girls what had happened and they both convinced me to go get checked out, but of course it was the day after a holiday and we were busy and I wasn't going to leave them high and dry. So, at about 10a.m. as I began to walk lamer and lamer they told me to get out of there and go to the hospital. I explained I should be back in an hour or two, I won't need to take a lunch, I will grab something on my way back, etc. etc. To the hospital I drove, meeting Tim there who was working. I met Tim in the ER and we walked to labor and delivery, explaining what had happened, yadda yadda yadda. They hooked me up to the monitor, which Miss Kara hated, everytime they got her heartbeat, she thought she would be a true "mommy's girl" and decide to move...pissing off the nurses, who would have to come in to re-adjust, so needless to say, before I left she was known as Baby Brat Kara!

Well, just as I expected, the doctor came in, told me that everything should be ok, the baby looks good on the monitor, but if he would like he can order an ultrasound just to be on the safe side...I'm like...yeah...I've wanted another one, but they have no reason to give me one, so the perfect opportunity to have my 4D like I've wanted...so just as I thought we were going to have an ultrasound and be discharged...

We traveled to ultrasound and I got on the bed, he started the ultrasound and I said, I need to re-position (i was flat on my back, and I just fell down the stairs 3 hours prior and my buttocks is really sore) The ultrasound man put a cushion to raise my legs and I felt a little better...so I thought...I all of a sudden just felt horrible. I asked Tim if it was hot in the room, and he said no, and told me to relax, he felt my head and I was sweating bad and the next thing I know, I'm in a deep sleep dreaming, for about 10 minutes, I wake up as Tim and the "ultra-man" are rolling me to my side to get a better picture of the baby. I wake up and feel fine. I told Tim about my dream, and he looked at me funny. Back up to my room we go, get blood drawn, order my lunch, and the next thing I know, the phone is ringing and it's my doctor. He explains that Kara isn't breathing as well as she should be (she breathed 6 out of 8 times) and th blood flow from the cord to her isn't getting to her as well as it should be, so I need to stay overnight and be monitored and they are repeating my ultrasound in the morning. But, if things get worse we will be going to Syracuse. So, of course, I FREAK out and hand the phone to Tim so Dr. Doddard can explain everything to Tim. The next thing I know, they are starting an IV, keeping me still, taking my blood pressure every hour and now I'm getting a shot in my booty! The shot was help mature Kara's lungs in case she decides to come early (ok...now I'm really freaking out) I came here because I took a fall down my back steps, what the heck is going on! I finally get calmed down and got arrangements made for Brandon and everything, but I was still nervous. Luckily I had GREAT nurses who explained everything, and Kara was looking fine on the monitor. Also, little did I know until about 430 that I was also contracting every 10-15 minutes per the monitor. I didn't feel them, but they were registering and coming right along!

So, my lovely friends came to visit me and calmed me down and all that jazz, but once they left I was a wreck again, crying and carrying on, how I'm not ready, my bags aren't packed, to I wanted a shower and I hate IV's, I want to move, but everytime I do Kara moves and they have re-adjust the damn monitor and I dont' want to be a pain in the ass patient, etc. etc. etc.

About 11p.m. I decided it was time to get shut eye...yeah right...I was tired all right, but just couldn't get comfy and just when I did, it was time to take my damn blood pressure again, Tim, on the other hand was snoring away in the next bed over. At 3a.m. I carried on a conversation with my nurse for about 45 minutes or so, mainly we laughed at Tim, but I just wanted it to be morning so I could have this ultrasound, know everything is alright and leave because I just wanted to go home!

Morning came, new nurses came in, and more bad news followed. My ultrasound was scheduled for 8...which turned into 9 and I was getting a roomate, and I needed to stay until at least 6p.m. because I had to get another shot of steriods in my hiney for Kara's lungs. That made me just about NUTS. We went down to have our ultrasound and had the best lady ever (Darby) who assured me that things look alot better than the day before, Kara had the hiccups so her breathing was on track, she didn't see a cord around the neck, and the blood flow is better.

So, we mosied on back up to my room, who know is occupied by someone else who's being induced and I climb back in bed and sit...and wait...and complain to my mother, and cry to my mother how I don't want to be here, and what if this, and what if that, what if....Luckily I knew most of the nurses, so they were able to give me my shot a couple hours early and I got to come home around 430, but again not without crappy news. Dr. Doddard took me out of work until further notice, I have to come back Saturday for another tracing (be hooked up to the monitor) and he needs to consult with my Endocrinologist in Syracuse because he thinks that is what is causing all these problems, my thyroid or lack there of!

I'm home now, but I wasn't home 10 minutes and started crying, because now that I'm not hooked to the monitor and can hear and see her every movement, I'm nervous. I came home, jumped in the shower and came downstairs in my pj's and made Tim and the kids wait on me hand and foot. Brandon came in the house and looked all over, he thought Kara was here, and was confused on why she wasn't. I went to bed at 9p.m. and woke up at 9a.m., it felt kind of nice, but I also, was sad that I wasn't at work.

Today was a busy day, we got around and out of the house to run errands at 1230, we went to the doctor's office to have him fill out paperwork, had to get my out of work slip, take that to the bank, chatted with the girls, told them the story, paid some bills and headed out to walmart at 1ish, ate at subway (because I can't grocery shop if I'm hungry) well, that didn't seem to help $150 and 2 hours later we leave Walmart. I had to get stuff because I was determined to pack my bags today! We stocked up on meat and stuff to have in the house, now that we won't be going out to eat as much. We ran to Kinney's to get my perscription and came home. I had a few contractions in Walmart, which made Tim nervous, but I just wanted to come home and sit on the couch....yeah...right....

I went upstairs and decided that I am going to clean Kara's room and get ready! I finished packing her diaper bag, I hung some pictures, hung some clothes she got for Christmas, put my boppy cover on my boppy, packed my bag with my new Pj's and all my trail size stuff, etc. I just need to do some laundry to get MY coming home outfit packed. I got yelled at by Tim who told me to get my @$$ downstairs and sit down, but I, like normal, ignored him and kept going. I came downstairs at 5 and realxed, got up at 630ish and made dinner, planned next weeks meals and sat on the couch. We bought wooden letters and paint today at Walmart so Tim and I painted them and are waiting for them to dry, so I decided to blog. I'm sure the paint is dry so I'm going to go finish them now!

I will post more tomorrow after I get home from the hospital, throw a birthday party for my 2 year old step-son and all my company leaves....yeah yeah yeah...slow down and de-stress...there will be plenty of time for that when baby Kara gets here!

xx00 to all

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just posted a comment on My Space about this topic :-)